On the last day of the Castle Days, we will leap back several centuries into the past and become familiar with the life of medieval knights in a Medieval Camp, traditionally hosted in the Castle Park. In front of the knights’ tents, visitors will have an opportunity to try their hand at archery, sword fighting, money coinage and other medieval skills. They will be able to have their photograph taken either on the ruler’s throne or in stocks. Knights’ equipment and weapons will be on display, and a genuine medieval atmosphere will be created by knight duals. There will also be a reconstruction of the Gutenberg printing press with a demonstration of printing. The ensemble Gita will provide musical accompaniment, ensuring a good atmosphere with a selection of Slovenian and European medieval and folk music.
Participants: Otočec Knights’ Society, Celjani Medieval Group, Order of the King Eagle Medieval Society, Svitar Institute and Manufaktura Mojster Janez
- 11.00: musical programme by Gita, gold coin hunt
- 12.00: horseshoe throwing competition and aiming at pottery goblets
- 13.00: knight fighting – Order of the King Eagle
- 14.00: musical programme by Gita, gold coin hunt
- 15:00: “From a Page to a Knight” workshop
- 16:00: knight fighting – Order of the King Eagle
- 17:00: musical programme by Gita, gold coin hunt
We recommend using the funicular railway to visit the Medieval Camp. During the Castle Days, there will be a reduced fare for a return ticket for the funicular railway.