For Your Safety (Coronavirus)
As we want you to feel comfortable at the Ljubljana Castle and in its surroundings, we will do everything possible to ensure that your visit takes place in accordance with the measures to prevent coronavirus infection.
- Disinfectant stands have been installed in several places at the castle.
- Special attention is being devoted to regular cleaning and ventilation of the premises.
- Objects and surfaces that visitors touch are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
We kindly request that you, our valued visitors, act responsibly towards yourself and other visitors and employees during your visit, and that you observe the following recommendations:
- Only visit the castle if you are healthy.
- Observe the recommended safety distance from other people (1.5 m).
- A mask or other protective equipment must be worn indoors and in the funicular. You can also buy mask at the lower funicular station or at the Info center.
- Observe proper cough hygiene and wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Disinfect your hands before entering each individual room.
- Cashless payment is desirable.
The Decree on the Manner of Fulfilling the Condition of Recovery, Vaccination or Testing to Limit the Spread of Infections with the Sars-CoV-2 Virus stipulates that in order to enter the Ljubljana Castle, ride the funicular or attend cultural events, persons must submit one of the following:
- Valid identity document and
- Evidence of a negative SARS-CoV-2 virus test result with a PCR test no more than 48 hours after swab collection or with a rapid antigen test no more than 24 hours after swab collection.
- Evidence of vaccination against Covid-19, with the second dose of:
- Comirnaty produced by Biontech/Pfizer,
- Spikevax (Covid-19 Vaccine) produced by Moderna,
- Sputnik V produced by Russia’s Gamaleya National Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology,
- CoronaVac produced by Sinovac Biotech,
- Covid-19 Vaccine produced by Sinopharm,
- or a combination of two of the vaccines listed above.
- Vaccination against Covid-19 is also demonstrated by proof of vaccination with the first dose of the Covid-19 Vaccine Janssen produced by Johnson and Johnson/Janssen-Cilag.
- Evidence of a positive PCR test result that is older than ten days (unless otherwise determined by a doctor), but not older than six months, or
- a doctor’s certificate confirming that the person has recovered from Covid-19 and no more than six months have passed since the onset of symptoms, or the person has been vaccinated with a single dose of a vaccine within a period of no more than eight months from a positive PCR test or symptoms, whereby protection is established on the day of vaccination.
- Organizers must inform the end user in a visible place by written notice that fulfilling the condition is obligatory.
- These conditions do not have to be met by persons under 12 years of age.
The use of a protective mask (medical mask or FFP2 respirator mask) is also obligatory when moving around or staying in open public places or premises if it is not possible to ensure an interpersonal distance of at least 1.5 meters, except among members of the same household. Masks are also available at the Lower Funicular Station, in the Info Centre or at the entry pavilion.
The use of a protective mask is not mandatory for children under 6 years of age.
The Ljubljana Castle is a holder of the certificate Safe and Healthy for Events.