In a sustainable and uninterrupted way, the Institute provides public cultural goods and services in all fields of culture: theatre, music, and visual and intermedia arts, as well as museum, intermediary and other activities. Within the framework of its mission, it maintains and promotes the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Ljubljana Castle.
The Institute plans, creates and markets the overall tourist offer in the area of the Ljubljana Castle and the Castle Hill. Within the framework of the Tourist Information Centre, the Institute informs visitors about all of the events in this area.
In addition to the aforementioned facts, events of other organisers also represent an important segment of the Ljubljana Castle’s operations. These include numerous cultural, corporate, protocol and other events of outside partners or leasers of the castle premises. Given that the Ljubljana Castle is classified as a monument of cultural importance, and due to the need to maintain the general reputation of the Ljubljana Castle brand name among the public, we require to be informed in advance about the content and type of event that an outside organiser intends to execute in the case of leasing one of the castle’s spaces.
The Ljubljana Castle Public Institute reserves the right to refuse the leasing of a hall or the organisation of an event:
• if the potential leaser makes unreasonable demands or proposes an event that is contrary to the house rules and the status of the Ljubljana Castle as a monument of cultural importance;
• for reasons of public safety;
• if it is judged that the content and quality of the event are not compatible with the Ljubljana Castle’s programme orientations.
We respect diversity and therefore retain a neutral position and avoid events that promote hatred, intolerance, discrimination or violence.
We do not support events that:
• encourage hatred, discrimination or belittling of individuals or groups on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other characteristic associated with systematic discrimination or marginalisation.
• take advantage of sensitive events with a significant social, cultural or political impact, such as civil emergencies, natural disasters, public health emergencies, terrorism and associated activities, conflict and/or mass violence, etc.
In approving leasing arrangements, the suitability of the content and purpose of the proposed event are taken into account, as well as the spatial and organisational capacities of the Ljubljana Castle. If the content and purpose of the event do not meet our requirements or exceed our spatial and organisational capacities, the Ljubljana Castle Public Institute may reject the request for leasing spaces and technical equipment without further explanation.
Thank you for your understanding.